[Here is the second in a series of pieces from the great Ezra Troy. If you are playing Fantasy, you need to be reading his stuff. You also can be glad that he isn’t playing with you –and winning your league.]
We looked at the top games from Week One. Now, let’s survey the top performers:
- Drew Brees, QB, NO: Brees had 4 touchdowns and 424 yards passing with 28 completions in 42 attempts.
- Andrew Luck, QB, IND: Luck had 4 touchdowns and 385 yards passing with 31 completions on 47 attempts.
- A.J. Green, WR, CIN: Green had 12 receptions for 180 yards and a TD
- Willie Snead, WR, NO: Snead had 9 receptions for 172 yards and a TD
- Brandin Cooks, WR, NO: Cooks had 6 receptions for 143 yards and two TD’s
- Antonio Brown, WR, PIT: Brown had 8 receptions for 126 yards and 2 TD’s
- Deangelo Williams, RB, PIT: Williams had 143 yards and 2 TD’s on the ground
- C.J. Anderson, RB, DEN: Anderson had 92 yards and a TD rushing while also having a touchdown and 47 yards through the air
- Carlos Hyde, RB, SF: Hyde had 88 yards and two rushing touchdowns.
It is an amazing list of athletes that left a meaningful mark on Week One.